Hello. My name is Niyah Simone Jackson, and I have flaws. Lots of them. Here are a few.
- When I smile too big my gums show.
- I have wide nostrils, and when I’m concentrating really hard they flare even more on their own.
- My feet are huge. I wear a size 12 women’s shoe which is nearly impossible to find just anywhere. It also makes modeling slightly more difficult because I have to bring my own shoes, and I might not have quite what they’re looking for.
- I am socially awkward. I HATE small talk.
- I can be pretty lazy. There’s been a few times I was too lazy to get up to go to the kitchen and eat despite being really hungry, so I just stayed in bed while my stomach growled. What kind of sense???
- I am addicted to candy. I am at work in the boutique as I type this and I just reached for the basket of Easter candy, and I think I ate all of the Kit Kats.
- I am embarrassingly bad at map directions. Just terrible! In an average week I get turned around like 15 times. Even when I use Siri, I still end up making a mistake. And when I think I have it down, and don’t use my phone as a crutch, I still mess something up! Don’t get me started about navigating downtown…
- My guilty pleasure is watching Keeping Up With the Kardashians. I also regularly stalk all of the girls on Instagram, including Kris.
- I can be controlling. I am very particular when it comes to how I want things done, so when working with a partner or a team, I have to remind myself that I am not the only one with ideas. I also have to learn to let go a little, and allow room for spontaneity. As much as I try, I cannot plan for everything! I don’t know the future.
- Something I really need to work on is empathy. I am an INTJ (based on the myers briggs test) and that’s something my personality type has trouble with. Sometimes I hate that I am not as comforting in certain situations as I could be. I feel so cold-hearted 😦
Despite my imperfections I love myself! I honestly wouldn’t have it any other way. I am not beautiful in spite of my flaws, but I am beautiful because of them. And you are too! ❤