Yay! Our Fall Trends video was chosen to be listed in this week’s Links a la Mode. Check out the other top blog posts of the week.
Some rules are expected to be followed, while others seem made to be broken. In fashion, who gets away with rule breaking and who doesn’t? This is what I’ve been thinking about.
So, how did so many of you know that I wanted to talk about rules this week? IFB bloggers shared their personal and cultural rules, fashion industry laws, and rules designers live and create by. All Subjective. Which means, great conversation! Accolades to We Are Ready Made for an excellent job of reminding us that beauty is often introspective.
We also had posts for the rest of us to dream about. Taking us to Barcelona and Greece.
… and for those of you missing cherished wardrobe pieces, I would highly recommend reading A Handful of Stories post. Insightful.
Links à la Mode, July 30
- A Handful of Stories: Blue Maxi and a Thank You Note to My House Spirit
- Arisgold: How to Wear a Jumpsuit
- Attire Club: Fashion’s Creative Laws
- Dress Code: High Fashion: Celebrity Handbags S/S 15
- Fashion Blender: The Perfect Lunchy
- Funky Jungle: 5 Things About Blogging I Wouldn’t Have Believed Before I Started
- Inexpensive Chic: Video | Fall Trends Lookbook 2015
- In The Grey: Best Places to Shop for Basics
- La Vintage Vida: Bettie Page at Madison Square Park
- Myself Expressed: Inspiration Board | Navy, My New Black?
- Purushu Arie: Blurring the Line Between Fashion and Art | Viktor & Rolf
- Reasons to Dress: If You Love Africa | Batiq and Tribal Trends are Here to Stay
- She Got Her Own: See You in Greece
- Style Standpoint: 10 Fashion Rules You Should Ignore
- Superb: Left the Black in the Closet
- Tales of Two: Top Ten Things to do in Barcelona
- The Punk Rock Princess: What a Truly Amazing “Fashion” Outcome
- The Sensible Stylista: 4 Bags Every Girl Must Own
- We Are Ready Made: The New Normal
- Wish and Wear: Covet Monday | Cara on Location