New year, new you; back to school season is the perfect excuse to experiment with new looks! If you’re wanting to dip your toes into the world of makeup these are just a few of the must-have essentials I think everyone should have in their repertoire. This is the fifth in a nine part series that will show you some of the very best splurges and steal to include in your makeup bag for the fall.
A Heavy Duty Concealer: Now a lot of people may skip concealer, but for me it is an absolute necessity. Foundation may provide an all-over even layer of coverage, but concealer will work to hide all the little, persistent imperfections that peek through. Whether acne or dark circles are your worst enemy, concealer will become your new best friend!
- Under Eye Concealer (best for banishing dark circles!)
- Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat ($42 at Nordstrom)
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser ($6.99 at Walmart)
- Stick Concealer (fuller coverage, best for concealing smaller areas)
- Urban Decay 24/7 Concealer Pencil ($20 at Macy’s)
- L’oreal True Match Super Blendable Crayon Concealer ($8.99 at Ulta)
- Liquid Wand Concealer (good for larger areas, buildable coverage)
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer ($29 at Sephora)
- NYX HD Photo Concealer Wand ($4.99 at Ulta)
- Cream Concealer (nice for combination skin, can be used on large or small areas)
- Marc Jacobs Re(Marc)able Full Cover Concealer ($32 at Sephora)
- NYX Full Coverage Concealer Jar ($5 at Urban Outfitters)