New year, new you; back to school season is the perfect excuse to experiment with new looks! If you’re wanting to dip your toes into the world of makeup these are just a few of the must-have essentials I think everyone should have in their repertoire. This is the fourth in a nine part series that will show you some of the very best splurges and steal to include in your makeup bag for the fall.
A Lash Fluttering Mascara: If I had to pick exactly one makeup product I could not live without, it seriously might be mascara. Mascara can take your look anywhere from doe eyed to defined, whether you’re faking a no makeup look or going full glam. Personally, I think lashes are the best way to add drama to a bare face. Remember to replace your mascaras every three months to prevent potential eye infections!
- Curling Mascara (holds curl from your eyelash curler, and gives your lashes some pretty sweet curves)
- Splurge: Urban Decay Supercurl Mascara ($20 at Nordstrom)
- Steal: Covergirl Flamed Up Mega Curl Mascara ($7.99 at Ulta)
- Volumizing Mascara (great if you’ve got length but want more impact)
- Splurge- Diorshow Iconic Mascara ($28.50 at Sephora)
- Steal- Covergirl Lash Blast Clump Crusher Mascara ($4.79 at Target)
- Lengthening Mascara (for lashes that need a little boost!)
- Splurge- Laura Mercier Long Lash Mascara ($25 at Sephora)
- Steal- Maybelline Lash Stiletto Ultimate Length Mascara ($5.39 at Walmart)
- Defining Mascara (your natural lashes but better)
- Splurge- Bare Mineral Flawless Definition Mascara ($18 at Sephora)
- Steal- Maybelline Full ‘N Soft Washable Mascara ($7.99 at Ulta)