It’s almost time for back to school, but before you start shopping you’ll need to do your research. Style.com is an excellent source for the complete runway shows of every major designer. The site is an encyclopedia of what’s on trend for the season. With several hundred designers to weed through, it can get overwhelming, so I’ll be posting my personal favorite collections for you! Draw inspiration from what you like below and scour thrift stores, consignment shops and low-end fast fashion stops for a similar look that will be sure to earn you an A+
Ace & Jig
- Fall is all about layering as you start to transition into cooler weather. It’s time to bring out the scarves and cardigans!
- Mixing prints is still going strong as a trend. I especially love how this particular brand mixes horizontal and vertical stripes in one look. The key is to stick to a color theme.
- Wide brim felt hats can be the perfect way to add a finishing touch to an outfit. Plus, they’re great for a bad hair day.
- So in love with how chic and elegant this collection is! While the colors are muted, it’s the detail to design that steals the show.
- Try playing with proportions and layer an oversized sweater over a midi skirt. Bonus points: Stick to an all-one-color outfit, like this head-to-toe cream.
- A classic pair of black calf high boots are a no-fail for this time of year, and if you purchase a quality pair, they’ll last you from season-to-season.
- Bring on the robots! Have fun with your looks for back-to-school, wear quirky t-shirts, but pair them with ladylike skirts and bags for a polished finish.
- Be bold with your color pairings. Who would’ve guessed that a jewel-toned purple and vivacious green would look like magic together!