The Liebster blog award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It is a new way for up-and-coming bloggers to expand their network and discover new talent in the blogosphere. “Liebster” is a German word for “favourite,” therefore, the award is the “favourite blog award.”
The rules for the award are that nominees are to post 11 random facts about themselves, then answer the 11 questions asked by the nominator. However, it doesn’t stop there. You are to then answer 11 questions from the blogger which nominated you. Pass the award onto 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 questions. Nominees must have under 200 followers. Make sure to let them know that you nominated them and thank & link back to the blogger who nominated you.
Thanks to Your Style Forecast for nominating me!
11 Random Facts About Me
- I’m extremely introverted
- I’m a published poet
- I’m a strong believer in individually and being unique
- I love to sing
- I’m obsessed with Desperate Housewives
- I model
- I have a little brother
- I’ve never broken a bone
- I’ve lived in 5 different states
- I’m super tall… 5’11”
- I run track
Here Are My 8 Nominees:
The 11 Questions I Was Asked:
- What’s the meaning behind your blog title?
I’m the kind of girl who heads straight to the back of the store to check out the “sale” racks. I love to thrift shop and just find a good bargain! I wanted my fashion blog to be about something I can talk extensively about– and dressing for less is something I naturally do.
- Who would play you if your life was a movie?
Hmm. Maybe Keke Palmer? Lol.
- What song(s) would be the soundtrack of your life
“Girl On Fire” by Alicia Keys or maybe “This Too Shall Pass” by India Arie.
- What are your favorite books to read?
I love dystopian novels and African-American Lit. Send me some Toni Morrison, Zora Neale Hurston, Alice Walker, etc. and I’ll be good. I also enjoy reading nonfiction fashion books.
- Who is your style icon?
I love Alexa Chung’s style, Erin Wasson’s, and the Olsen twin’s.
- Describe yourself in 3 words.
Introverted. Fashion-Forward. Driven.
- What’s the most inspiring city to you fashion-wise?
I haven’t traveled enough to be able to answer that. My guess would be Paris though!
- What is your dream job?
- You are invited to The Oscars to present an award, what do you wear?
Something long, with a dose of lace near the neckline.
- It’s your first date and you want to make an impression. What do you wear?
Red. I read somewhere that guys like it when you wear red.
- What are your favourite colours to wear?
The colors that look good on my skin tone, i.e. oranges, reds, corals, yellow– warm colors.
My 11 Questions for The Nominees:
- What’s your guilty pleasure?
- What are your tips for dressing for the holidays?
- Who would you want to play your life in a movie?
- What’s the top must-have gift on your list this season?
- Who inspires you the most?
- What are your goals?
- What’s your favorite song of the moment?
- If you had a motto to live by, what would it be?
- What’s your least favorite thing about the holidays?
- Are you a morning or night person?
- When did you start your blog?
Thank you so much for this award once again! I truly appreciate it.