Gold eyeliner is known for making a comeback every summer with its exotic, gorgeous glow, and this year its popularity has peaked. Gold eyeliner has been everywhere, from models on the runway, to Cinna in the Hunger Games. This year its been inspiring makeup users everywhere to try something new. I know I was dying to try out this new trend, and I can’t say I was disappointed. Gold is one of those few universally flattering colors that actually works with all skin tones.
But with makeup companies coming out with gold eyeliners every minute, it’s easy to get confused. There are so many different choices for us, it can be hard to know which to pass up, and which products are actually worth binging on. So, I went ahead and put together a handy dandy list of budget friendly gold eyeliner options for you lovely readers, as well as a few pricier ones for those of you willing to splurge.
Liquid (best for dramatic night looks)
- Steal– NYX Liquid Crystal Glitter Liner in Gold $4.50
- Splurge– Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Liner in Baked $18.00
Loose Pigment (best applied using a wet, angled eyeliner brush)
- Steal– L’oreal HiP Shocking Shadow Pigments in Visionary $12.00
- Splurge– MAKE UP FOR EVER Metal Powder in Sunflower Gold (the same one used on Lenny Kravitz in the Hunger games!) $23.00
Pencil (best for highlighting and everyday wear)
- Steal– Milani Liquif’Eye Metallic Eye Liner Pencil in Gold $5.50
- Splurge– Laura Mercier Kohl Eye Pencil in Black Gold $20.00