- Favorite Designer? Vera Wang! Always has been, always will be.
- Favorite Model? Chanel Iman… I love her fresh, bubbly sense of style and she feels like a relatable person!
- Favorite Trend of the Moment? Having a love affair with hi-low hems! I am in search for the perfect hi-low maxi skirt.
- Fashion Icons? They range from Coco Chanel to Audrey Hepburn; the Olsen twins to Vanessa Hudgens.
- Trends You’re Loving Right Now? Chiffon and bright colors! Pastel jeans, studded clothing items, leopard…
- When Did Your Love for Fashion Begin? I just remember I’ve always loved fashion ever since I was little. It’s always been everything I’ve ever wanted. My passion for the fashion world lies within my life-long desire to stand out and be an individual. I believe that fashion is the perfect way to express who you are. It is like wearing art 24/7, you can be whoever you want when you dress up!
- Fashion Icons? Those who combine classic style with an individual flare for accessorizing. I reference a mix of modern style icons such as Olivia Palermo, with a ‘models-off-duty’ style in my everyday look, but tend to eschew colour in favour of blacks and muted tones in order to create a bolder statement. I mostly admire the style of fashion editors, particularly Carine Roitfeld, Geraldine Saglio, Giovanna Battaglia, and Christine Centenera. My historical fashion references include the gamine Jane Birkin, a 1920s Coco Chanel, and Jean Seberg. I love Parisian ‘Left-bank’ chic!
- Favorite Spring Trend? My favourite trend at the moment is statement, printed trousers. I love the wide variety currently available- from coloured skinny denim and subtle leopard-print, to navajo-print silk trousers, in structured or fluid designs. They’re perfect for adding an elegant pop to your outfit, and work so well with a tailored top.
- When Did Your Passion For Fashion/Beauty Begin? My passion for fashion and beauty arose with my discovery of Vogue- I began to religiously collect each issue since December 2004! I’m a very visual person and revel in the beauty of Editorial images, and so it was this which first inspired me to translate what I saw onto my own personal look. In terms of beauty, I’ve always loved experimenting with new products and techniques- it’s just something I utterly enjoy. Who doesn’t want to look their best and most preened? Plus it helps that I’m a girly girl! Unlike my style, my beauty look is the only thing I consistently play around with- one day I’ll feel like red-lips and a messy side-plait, whilst on another day I might experiment with dramatic eyes. Today? I’m into Brigitte Bardot/Francoise Hardy- style bangs!
- When did you realize your passion for fashion? I started to have sparkling feeling in fashion since I was 12 when I saw Valentino Fall collection in a magazine at a hair salon. It was an awkward and funny feeling and also addicting! Since then, whenever I found magazine or newspaper I always read the fashion column first (or perhaps I only read the fashion column).
- What experiences have you had in fashion so far?
I was the fashion stylist for my high school year book. I styled 4 class (about 150 students) by myself with different theme each class. I attended Jakarta Fashion Week (since 2010), Indonesia Fashion Week (2012), Melbourne Fashion Week (Fall 2010/2011), Men Fashion Week Asia (2011). I’m a freelance stylist and writer for Jak Magazine. It’s a free fashion and lifestyle magazine in Indonesia and I also do styling for several projects.
- Dream job? Magazine editor!
- Who are your fashion icons? My number one fashion icon has always been Audrey Hepburn. She exudes a type of effortless femininity that is absolutely beautiful. I also look up to Freja Beha Erichsen, Rooney Mara, and Rachel Bilson for style inspiration.
- How would you describe your style? Overall, I’d say that I mostly admire classic style with an edge, but I’m open to just about anything. My closet consists of mainly blacks, grays, and stripes but I’m learning to branch out and incorporate some of the hottest spring trends into my wardrobe such as pastels, embellished collars, and print pants.
- When did your love for fashion begin? I’ve loved fashion for as long as I can remember and it has always seemed like the most obvious way for me to express myself. My most earliest memories of fashion include making outfits for paper dolls, playing dress up, and creating my own fashion magazines. Now at 20 years old, I still enjoy fashion by staying up to date on current events in the industry, updating my fashion blog, working as a sales advisor at H&M, and studying fashion merchandising at Wayne State University.
- Who are your fashion icons? My fashion icons are Anastasia Siantar, Michelle Koesnadi, and Alexa Chung. Those three have distinctive styles but I love them all. They’re so personal and unique.
- Favorite trend right now? Pastel has to be my favorite trend right now, it’s so versatile and fun to mix and match!
- When did your passion for fashion begins? I’ve had a strong passion for fashion since last year, I began to dress up a lot and try to find myself. Why? I think because it’s interesting and fun.The way you dress defines who you are.
So what do you think? Doesn’t this look like a good crop of writers! After several emails back and forth, mock assignments, and eliminations I finally came down to these 6 fabulous people. I cannot wait for you all to read what they have to say, and get to know them even more through their posts…